In the food processor, with a metal blade, this time I put:
1 ¼ cups King Arthur bread flour (4g protein per ¼ cup)
1 ½ cup Arrow Head Mills pastry flour flour (4g protein per ¼ cup)
¾ cup Arrow Head Mills organic Kamut flour (5g protein per ¼ cup)
1 ¾ tsp Morton Coarse Kosher salt
1 ¼ tsp saf-instant dry yeast
1 ½ cup NYC tap water
I gave it a quick whiz in the food processor, and then placed it in a large metal bowl to rise. The dough itself was very moist and loose. I assume this has something to do with the use of pastry flour. I laid the protective plastic-wrap across the top of the bowl, letting it lay inside the bowl close to the dough.
This time I:
1. Accidentally had set the oven to 375 as opposed to 425 so I added 5 minutes with the oven on 500 to the end.
2. Tossed 6 ice cubes in the gap between the stone and the oven floor when I put the bread in, and then again 5 minutes into the cycle.
3. Divided the bread into 3 loaves (last time the center didn’t seem to cook all the way through).
Notes on bread 4:
1. Hard to judge because of the mistake in oven temp.
2. Crust was nice
3. Crumb again seemed under-cooked
4. Color more yellow, probably as a result of more kamut.
5. The salt was noticeably missing.